To ensure our communities have a highly skilled and trained workforce that meets the needs of local employers, our workforce services assist all Texans, including individuals with disabilities, with career development and increased opportunities for education and training so that all job seekers may connect to or advance in employment.
Workforce Solutions of West Central Texas partners with Texas Workforce Solutions-Vocational Rehabilitation Services (TWS-VRS) to ensure that individuals with disabilities in our community have access to the array of workforce services we offer.
Workforce Solutions staff may make referrals to TWS-VRS for job seekers with physical or mental disabilities to determine appropriate services and eligibility. Workforce Solutions staff may also receive referrals from TWS-VRS for VR customers who may be eligible to receive workforce services such as adult education and literacy services, childcare services, attend career workshops, training, and more. VR staff are conveniently located in the same facilities as our Workforce Solutions offices in Abilene (500 Chestnut, 10th floor) and Brownwood (2202 Highway 377 S) and are available to provide information about how VR Services may help individuals with disabilities reach their employment goals.
Start My VR
The newly launched Start My VR is an online self-referral tool that offers a convenient way for Texans with disabilities to take the first step toward employment by meeting with VR staff to learn about Vocational Rehabilitation Services and meet with a VR Counselor. Get started today by visiting Start My VR and taking three easy steps.
- Go to the Start My VR secure web portal & enter your contact information.
- Receive a Request Number confirming receipt.
- A VR team member will contact you to share how VR services may benefit you.
Why seek Vocational Rehabilitation services?
Texas Workforce Solutions-Vocational Rehabilitation Services are designed to help individuals address employment barriers related to a disability, and supports eligible individuals as they prepare for, obtain, retain or advance in employment.
Individualized services are provided through VR staff and may include:
- Assessment for eligibility, career exploration, and planning for employment.
- Disability supports through counseling, therapies, treatments, or assistive devices.
- Training to enhance and expand employment skills through work readiness training, work-based learning experiences, professional training to earn a credential or certificate or work readiness training.
- Job search assistance to help you find competitive integrated employment and support once you are on the job.