WOW Exhibitor Information
2023 Event Details
- Tuesday, September 26
- 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Set-up times: September 25 from 2-5 p.m. and September 26 starting at 8 a.m.
- Abilene Convention Center (1100 N 6th Street)
- Individual booth spaces are 10'x10' and include 1 table, 2 chairs, Wi-Fi, continental breakfast, and a hospitality room with snacks/refreshments. Lunch will be provided for up to two representatives (additional lunches can be purchased prior to the event if needed). Access to electricity is available for your booth upon request. Please bring your own extension cords and equipment.
- Make the most of the event! The key to attracting youth to your booth is to have engaging hands-on equipment, materials, activities, games, competitions, etc. The more real-world engagement your booth has, the more students will interact. Also, sending representatives who students can relate to is beneficial.
- We are also seeking employer volunteers to help with workforce readiness! View the volunteer page for more information.
Our students need your help! As a professional in the workforce, you understand that career opportunities are endless with the right skills. You know what certifications are recognized and what is needed to thrive in your specific industry! The WOW Youth Expo is your chance to share that knowledge with area youth. The students of today are the workforce of tomorrow!
The cost is $50 per business/organization or $150 for organizations needing booth spaces to showcase multiple programs or businesses. Booth fees help with expenses related to this exciting event! Sponsorships are also encouraged to help offset the costs of hosting the WOW Youth Expo, including helping to keep booth registration affordable for all employers and organizations!
Types of Exhibits
- Regional Post-Secondary Education/Training
- Workforce Readiness
- High School Student Organization
Note: Because this event is designed to promote career exploration, employers will receive priority placement at the event. Sponsors are provided premium booth locations.
- Develop a future pipeline of employees and/or customers!
- Promote your organization to youth, teachers, counselors, and parents from across the region
- Provide youth with a clear understanding of career opportunities
- Offer youth hands-on experience by bringing equipment, materials, etc. related to your industry
Regional Post-Secondary Education/Training Exhibits
- Provide youth with a clear understanding of training opportunities!
- Showcase your training opportunities and the careers they can lead to
- Help youth identify or verify a career pathway
Workforce Readiness Exhibits
- Introduce students to the employability skills they need to be prepared for the workforce!
- Showcase your non-profit or resource
High School Student Organization Exhibits
- Showcase your projects!
- Meet other students from across the region and discuss the benefit of joining a student organization.
- Introduce students to the careers you are preparing for.
First Time Exhibitors
The WOW Youth Expo connects nearly 3,000 students each year with employers, organizations, and workforce readiness skills! To better prepare for your first WOW experience, take a moment to view our training video.