Workforce Solutions Opportunities
Whether you are in or out of school, Workforce Solutions offers a wealth of opportunities to help you make your future what you want it to be. Let us assist you with:
- Finishing high school or getting your GED: We can help you with tutoring, study skills, Texas Assessment of Academic Skills (TAAS) / Texas Academic Skills Program (TASP) / GED test preparation, enrollment and financial aid assistance, and mentoring.
- Career planning: We have information on post-secondary schools, training programs, Job Corps, financial aid, and help figuring out which jobs are the best match for you.
- Work experience: Let us help you find internships, summer employment, and job shadowing.
- Leadership development: We can help you find community service, provide you with fun and interactive leadership seminars, and mentoring opportunities.
- Job search assistance: We also have online job matching, individual job search coaching, and workshops on interviewing, resumes, and applications.
- Resources: For current youth program literature and documents.
Job Corps is a free education and training program that helps young people learn a career, earn a high school diploma or GED, and keep a good job. This program is open to eligible young people, between the ages of 16 and 24, that qualify as low income. Job Corps provides the all-around skills needed to succeed in a career and in life.
To visit with a Job Corps Representative, please contact them at 325-268-4203 or by email. Offices are located at 400 Oak, Suite103.
For additional information or assistance, please contact a Youth representative.